I’ve finally gotten a good start on my Chinese Coin Quilt for the sew-along. I didn’t get to sew at all last weekend, or last week for that matter. So I feel so very behind!
Here is some of the fabric I picked out from my stash. I decided to make a baby quilt, for my niece who is expecting a baby girl in a couple of months.
And some more fabric. These fabrics are mostly vintage, and have been lovelingly stored and waiting for the right project. Most of these were purchased when I was making some things for my daughter, when she was small. I think that Lindsey will like this.
I cut some of the fabric into strips, some are 1 1/2″ wide, others are 2″ wide. You can see that I really liked hearts, and floral fabric when I purchased this.
To make this more fun, I mixed up all of the strips and put them in a basket. I then drew strips out, and sewed two together. I didn’t try to match the fabrics or proper colors, I tried to do this randomly. The only rule I set up was that I couldn’t sew two pieces of the same fabric together.
So now I have sewn all of the strips into sets of two. This week I will be picking out the border fabric, I haven’t quite decided on what I am doing yet, but I have some ideas. I will post further progress on this next weekend.
Thanks for stopping by!