After spending many months cleaning, scraping and painting just about everything around the house in preparation of selling, I finally got to enjoy doing some quick (maybe not too quick) sewing projects to pull the house together just a little bit more.
One of those items was this table cover. It is actually a shower curtain that I cut and hemmed into a circle. I found one in colors that were fairly neutral, matched my furniture, and was the perfect size to use on this table. A lot less expensive to do that using upholstery/drapery fabric.
Another project was this slipcover for the loveseat. I know it’s a little crumpled in this picture, but I used a natural color canvas fabric that I pre-washed. I actually whipped this together quickly (well, rather quickly) just to get it done before the holidays. I will probably make another one down the road, but for now, it’s an improvement!
I also needed something to add a little color in the den, so I used some floral drapery fabric that I had left after making window coverings for the french doors a couple of years ago.
A little hard to see here, but I wanted to give you a quick look. Pretty simple, yet it really added to the room.
This is what the french doors look like. I made the window treatments for the doors because we had a sleep sofa in the room that we used for out of town company. We just removed the tassel tie-backs so the windows were covered for privacy.
This gives you a little more insight to what I’ve been doing, and why I have been so absent the last few months. If you would like to see some of my furniture painting projects that I have been working on, stop by my other blog, All My Eggs.
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your time with me!